Become proficient in ultrasound-guided biopsy
- Practice identification, aspiration and biopsy procedures
- Scan the breast biopsy phantom using typical clinical system settings
- Ultrasonic characteristics are similar to soft tissue
- Skin-like resistance to needle penetration
The Ultrasound Breast Biopsy Phantom (model 429) allows you and your team to fine tune your biopsy skills using ultrasound to dynamically locate lesions and practice needle placement.
Eleven lesions are placed at varying depths filled with water, green fill and semi-translucent fill, providing visual check for the user to differentiate between the mass and the surrounding tissue. This is important to determine biopsy success.
- Lesions for fine needle aspirations
- 3 water-filledS
- Solid masses for core biopsies
- 4 hyperechoic
- 4 hypoechoic
- Gain core biopsy skills
- Develop hand-eye coordination
- Develop efficient and effective scanning techniques