3D Bolus software modules enable cancer centres to 3D print patient-specific bolus and other radiation accessories based on the prescribed treatment plan. Their Simple Bolus, Modulated Electron Bolus and HDR Surface Brachytherapy modules provide the following benefits to cancer centres:
- Custom-fit bolus reducing the amount of air gaps, improving treatment accuracy
- Provides a simple and cost-effective approach to Modulated Electron Radiation Therapy (MERT)
- Algorithms calculate a custom bolus surface that allows for tailoring of the dose distribution
- Conforms the electron prescription isodose to the PTV, sparing healthy tissues below
- Conformal and homogeneous dose distribution can be achieved even in the presence of tissue inhomogeneities
- 3D printed Brachytherapy applicators are able to subtract hollow catheter trajectories to allow free movement of the source.
- Higher quality care and improved patient experience
- Reduced setup time and decreased resources (staff and equipment) required for the fabrication of patient-specific accessories.