The increasing importance of Theranostic applications in positron emission tomography requires reliable and efficient solutions for laboratories. To meet these trends Eckert & Ziegler further developed its Modular-Lab PharmTracer, providing a synthesis device for routine production with maximum reliability, minimum footprint, and low investment and running costs thanks to the cost-efficient accessories and a new synthesis process which uses less amount of peptide.
The Modular-Lab PharmTracer Tower is based on the established Modular-Lab PharmTracer technology, decreasing size and complexity of cassettes for Theranostic agents. The laboratory equipment has been specifically designed to allow the fully automated GMP compliant synthesis of 68Ga-DOTA peptides and HBED-PSMA. This includes all process steps as fractionated elution of the 68Ga from a 68Ge/68Ga generator, the synthesis process and the post-purification of the product with a light CM cartridge. A filter and cassette test can be performed optionally without any additional equipment.
The system is delivered pre-validated and ready for synthesis.
The synthesizer consists of a 2-fold manifold module (SLM-2), a Heater Reaction Module (HRM) and a Syringe Module (SYM) in combination with disposable cassettes using the click‘n’start technology. The Modular-Lab software offers an easy-to-program and intuitive graphical interface.
Cassettes are assembled under GMP-compliant clean room conditions, sterilized with gamma-radiation and vacuum-packed (ISO 14644-1). All consumables are chemical resistant and have been tested for their suitability with the specific syntheses.
Features and Benefits
- Small footprint
- Cost-efficient cassettes and smaller amount of peptide reduce costs per synthesis
- Short synthesis time, fast and easy preparation
- High and reliable radiochemical purity
- Optional cassette and filter test
- Tried and tested Modular-Lab PharmTracer technology
- Open Modular-Lab software for R&D work
- Expandable with further modules to enable the production of other and new tracers
- High precision liquid transportation
- No pre-purification needed when using 68Ga from a registered 68Ge/68Ga generator
*Note this article’s information is taken from the Eckert and Ziegler website. You can find the original information through the following link: https://radiopharma.com/product/modular-lab-pharmtracer-tower/